South Africa's 9th annual Top 20 Small Business and Entrepreneurship Award winners were announced by the National Small Business Chamber (NSBC), in association with World Famous Events, today, 9 November 2017.
With eight main categories, the awards serve to not only acknowledge the respective businesses but to also assist them to prosper even more. Mike Anderson, Founder and CEO of the NSBC says that the entrants this year proved that there are business opportunities within different sectors: “You just need to have an idea and the passion to make it a reality. All our winners today are fantastic examples of people who spotted an opportunity, believed in their skill and made it into a viable business.”
He says that self-belief, above all else, is the one attribute that sets winners apart. The NSBC is fortunate enough to work with over 127,000 SMEs and through its engagements have pinpointed what it takes to keep the business doors open.
Full list of winners are as follows:
- 2017 National Small Business Champion: My Online Presence
- 2017 National Entrepreneur Champion: Sylvester Chauke - DNA Brand Architects
- 2017 National Young Entrepreneur Champion: Bakani Ngulani - BN Solutions
- 2017 National Woman in Business Champion: Phillipa Geard - RecruitMyMom
- 2017 National Franchisor Award: The Daily Coffee Café
- 2017 National Innovation Award: Sylvester Chauke - DNA Brand Architects
- 2017 National Tourism Award: La Teranga Bed & Breakfast
- 2017 National Start-Up Award: Lewies Future Technologies