A small but well-established design studio requires a part-time Assistant Bookkeeper to join their team. This is a permanent position to start in June.
Assistant bookkeeper job Cape Town.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a friendly, close-knit, small team. Duties include:
- Processing and paying of invoices.
- Processing and reconciliation of bank statements on debtor cloud accounting system
- Allocating receipts to various customer accounts.
- Basic accounting knowledge to trial balance.
- Processing financial year-end of the individual books on system
- Liaising with the accountant regarding year-end reporting
- Liaising with auditors on queries.
- Diploma, qualification advantageous, but previous experience/training - essential.
- Raising and approving of clients' debit orders and levies.
- Reconciliation and capturing of petty cash.
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Ensure that all petty cash expenses checked and captured
- Assist in preparation of bank recon
- Identify and address account discrepancies
- Prepare monthly finance report for presentation to directors
- General ad-hoc admin assistance to the bookkeeper and directors