Our client in the Tech-Ed industry is looking for a Business Manager to support their growth and expansion strategies, preferably based in the Johannesburg district. This is a fully remote role and is a 12-month Fixed Duration contract.
Job, Business Consultant, Sales, Education
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous, objective standards for all members of the Schools Team, aligned to company objectives.
- Meet with the Schools Team members one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets.
- Deliver deep performance reviews for each team member as required.
- Coach individual team members through phone work and prospecting help sessions to help them improve sales performance. [Weekly]
- Participate in spontaneous sales call rides and planned field days. [Semimonthly or monthly]
- Work with the sales representatives and customer success leads to develop and iterate on a scalable sales process, and ensure the team adheres to it correctly.
- Ensure that the team uses sales technologies, such as CRM tools, correctly.
- Plan and implement regular training programs for the Schools Team.
- Plan and run weekly sales team meetings.
- Hold team-building events per the company cycles.
- Participate in any recruitment or HR processes related to the Schools Segment (recruit, select, onboard, and train new team members if required).
- Unite the team: Ensure the team works as a positive and productive unit and shares best practices.
Managing customer needs
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor customer satisfaction scores.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Provide expertise when setting and adjusting pricing plans and discount rates.
- Provide advanced negotiation expertise.
- Be the voice of the customer internally
Managing the business
- Work with the sales representatives and CFO to determine and assign sales quotas, targets, and/or goals.
- Project and forecast annual and quarterly revenue.
- Work with the sales representatives and CFO to develop sales strategies to acquire new customers or clients.
- Track sales, customer success, and support metrics and share them with company leadership.
- Analyse sales and customer success data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop lead generation plans.
- Prepare budgets and approve expenditures.
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends.
- Advance one’s own professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and other educational training, participating in professional societies and industry networks, and reading professional and industry publications
- Passionate about improving education both locally and globally and the use of technology.
- Experience in high school space in South Africa.
- Minimum of a National Diploma (three years) or Bachelors Degree.
- 8+ years experience in a sales, business or entrepreneurial role.
- Successfully grown a sales and customer success team for a SAAS / EdTech product.
- Used HubSpot to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing.
- Ability to accurately forecast future sales volumes.
- People-centric and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail and strong reasoning and critical-thinking skills.
- Valid driver’s license (min 1 year) and vehicle (non-negotiable).
- Fluency in 3 or more official languages would be advantageous.