Our client in the Banking industry is currently recruiting a Business Relationship Manager to manage customers within the segment, providing dedicated relationship management with accountability for sales, service, risk and operational delivery. Position based in Cradock area, Eastern Cape.
Role & Responsibility:
- Act as Relationship Manager by offering value-added advice and guidance to customers and placing their needs at the forefront of activity
- Grow sustainable revenues from existing relationships and through acquisition of new customers in line with the bank’s risk appetite and policies
- Actively manage a portfolio of Small Business Clients, acquire new clients and upgrade existing clients through becoming the trusted advisor to them.
- Proactively develop effective strategies to manage both existing and new relationships, by anticipating customer needs and providing a superior service and products
- Keep up-to-date on knowledge of the bank’s strategy, capabilities policies, relevant product offerings, and of external factors influencing domestic business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of the bank and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to the bank’s policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
- Banking experience
- Relevant Business Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in business banking, managing business relationships.
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through a broad range of products and services.
- Ability to differentiate from the competition through the delivery of a responsive and proactive relationship management service approach.
- Engage with clients at a strategic and transactional level.
- Proven analytical ability, with experience in credit.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with customers, colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Established record in delivery of customized/flexible solutions appropriate to customer needs.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative self-starter with minimal direct supervision while working well within a team environment and adhering to company standards.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment managing work flow across different lines of businesses/departments
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Vision)