Manage and grow a portfolio of high growth, early-stage impact investments for the social venture capital fund managed by our client. Be able to run with the day-to-day portfolio management responsibilities with little or no oversight. Essential requirements: CA (SA), FCMA or CFA. Postgraduate degree with a strong problem solving (e.g. Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, Business Science, BSC), and/or finance underpinning.
Permanent job available for a Post-Investment Management Associate Principle in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- CA (SA), FCMA or CFA. Postgraduate degree with a strong problem solving (e.g. Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, Business Science, BSC), and/or finance underpinning.
- 3 - 5 years Impact / Venture capital investing experience, preferably in the post-investment environment, or 5+ years in a non-post-investment role in any investment or finance environment.
Output 1: Portfolio Management
• Deliver value-added assistance to portfolio companies, including:
o Detailed financial analysis / modelling
o Assistance in strategy development
o Execution management
o Business building support
o Access to new markets
o Raising capital
• Assume full responsibility for the allocated investee/s from deal team handover to exit.
• Help ensure that financial reporting, systems and processes of investees meet required standards.
• Develop and deliver special projects to unlock value at portfolio companies, including company restructures and turnarounds.
• Manage processes for additional capital to be deployed into portfolio companies.
• Preparation of regular portfolio updates to the relevant stakeholders, as required from time to time.
• Drive financial performance against target in investees.
• Assist in the preparation of consolidated portfolio review reports / dashboards.
Output 2: Governance
• Ensure effective governance and best practice within investees companies.
• Help ensure effective governance at a fund level.
Output 3: Growth Support
• Provide support to the Growth Support unit as and when required.
• Manage the relationship and deliverables between PIM and Growth Support, while at all times maintaining the primary engagement role with the investee companies.
Output 4: Monitoring and compliance
• Assist with the preparation of all monitoring & compliance-related information and deliverables.
Output 5: Legal
• Ensure effective management of investee company non-compliance and recommendation for enforcement & / or rectification.
• Manage legal resources for any PIM-related legal amendments.• Assist in the development and maintenance of the PIM lessons learnt database and records.
• Assist with all portfolio-related information databases and reports.
Output 6: Operations and Admin
• Assist in improving internal; processes, procedures and policies to improve PIM’s service delivery.