An entrepreneurial Christian-based organisation seeks a strategic and conceptual thinking Brand/Communications Manager to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies.
Communications Manager, Job, Northern Suburbs/Winelands, Western Cape
RecruitMyMom supports Moms through all life stages. We understand the need amongst some candidates and employers, with gender advancement opportunities, for full-time office-based positions. These are carefully considered and may be advertised on our site from time to time. This is a full-day role, but the client might be flexible relating to your start and end time should your family commitments necessitate such.
The communications manager is in charge of producing high-quality content that engages customers, builds the brand and effectively tells the brand narrative. Experience in digital marketing/media/PR field is essential for the role.
You’ll know that you’re the person for the job if:
- You’re a creative and innovative conceptual thinker.
- You are a curious and life-long learner.
- You’re passionate about communicating, storytelling and having an impact on audiences and
- You are able to see the big picture when conceptualising and consider detail when actioning
- You excel at planning and executing on concrete and consistent communications strategy
- You aim for excellence and you iterate and improve continuously to ensure positive long-term outcomes.
- You are a result-driven individual that understands the vision and outcomes required to make the brand successful.
- You are a collaborative worker who takes ownership, yet includes relevant players in the process.
- You are particularly skilled in digital marketing and storytelling.
- You’re a self-starter who can work independently, yet thrives in a team setting.
- You work hard and play hard and enjoy a relational office culture.
- Co-develop and drive marketing strategies and develop creative campaigns.
- Plan and execute on a consistent communications strategy.
- Project management/liaison/coordinating role with various stakeholders.
- Identify communication opportunities and develop key messages for consistent communication to key target audiences.
- Brief, meet, approve quotes and proposals from agencies and suppliers.
- Give input and take responsibility for the annual marketing/communications budget.
- Ensure alignment and consistency of message and brand positioning on all communications materials.
- Do basic website customisation and updates.
- Manage the brand’s social media presence.
- Provide input into the brand’s PR strategy and facilitate the flow of content to the outsourced PR agency.
- Monitoring, reporting and analysis of day-to-day and campaign effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts across all communication mediums, flowing back into strategy.
- Drive new campaigns, new projects and new ideas within the communications and marketing team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications Management or Strategic Public Relations
- 5+ years in a (strategic) marketing communications position
- Online digital communication experience
- Basic IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc)
- Knowledge and basic skills in Apple software (Pages, Keynote, Numbers)
- Experience in working in a complex organisation that has more than one brand to facilitate
- An understanding of Google Analytics, social media, data management, web content management and email platforms
- A highly organised individual who can prioritise and manage tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written English with an eye for detail.
- Proficiency in another South African language is beneficial.
- Ability to work in an engaging team environment.