An entrepreneurial Christian-based organisation that drives social impact seeks a Content Writer to create clear, compelling copy for the company and its sub-brands on the various communication mediums (web content, blog posts, newsletters, social media, brochures etc).
Content Writer job, Western Cape, Northern Suburbs/Winelands area
RecruitMyMom supports Moms through all life stages. We understand the need amongst some candidates and employers, with gender advancement opportunities, for full-time office-based positions. These are carefully considered and may be advertised on our site from time to time. This is a full-day role, but the client might be flexible relating to your start and end time should your family commitments necessitate such.
Key requirements are to generate ideas for new content, create and execute on the messaging and proofread all materials before publication. Experience in either media/PR/journalism/digital marketing is essential for the role. The role includes the creation of content, execution and reporting on the company and sub-brands: social media pages, working with the respective team members to create and curate relevant content.
You’ll know that you’re the person for the job if:
- You’re a creative and innovative conceptual thinker.
- You are a curious and life-long learner.
- You’re passionate about communicating, writing, storytelling and having an impact on audiences and communities.
- You are a collaborative worker who takes ownership, yet includes relevant players in the process
- You are particularly skilled in digital marketing and storytelling.
- You’re a self-starter who can work independently, yet thrives in a team setting.
- You pride yourself in delivering high-quality work.
- Create content that will inform and engage target audiences with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with team members, designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale
- marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and web landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximise copy’s reach
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Create, execute, promote content on social media
- Identify needs and opportunities in the content mix and recommend new topics/angles
- Ensure all-around consistency (tone and consistency of messaging & brand values)
- Update website content as needed
- Qualifications in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter or similar role.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation.
- Experience with SEO.
- Familiarity with web publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Collaborative work ethic.