A commercial insurance firm requires a specialised Financial Accountant with experience in the insurance industry. Please highlight your experience in the insurance field in your cover letter.
*Please note this role is currently remote however once lockdown restrictions are eased the candidate will be expected to work in office with some remote work from time to time.
- Recording bordereaux’s received for the International book of business in Accpac and raising the necessary accruals.
- Performing IBNR, UPR, and outstanding claims calculations.
- Processing the reinsurance related to this book
- Performing forex calculations
- Preparing reconciliations per International book of business
- Ensure reinsurance XOL MDP is paid on time and recorded accurately
- Prepare invoices for international costs and send to international partners.
- Calculation withholding tax on a quarterly basis.
- Save collateral account statements from the asset manager on a monthly basis
- Record interest in collateral accounts
- Deposit confirmations, statement requests, premium statement requests, and refunds.
- Third-party broker import from the system into Accpac and reconcile
- Broker VAT reallocations from the suspense account to the control account
- Prepare manual broker statements
- Update broker paid schedule and send out all broker statements
- Ensure the broker payment list have been updated
- Reconcile debtors control account and debtors ageing
- Clear debtor suspense accounts Other
- Prepare and load foreign payments
- Prepare the monthly cash flow
- Calculate interest on business rescue loans
- Opening of new premium, collateral and claims accounts on Accpac.
- Preparation of the quarterly co-insurance bordereaux and payment
- Get involved in ad-hoc projects
- Continuously look at ways to improve and automate processes
Balance Sheet Recons
- Correctly prepare balance sheet recons on a monthly basis
- Ensure that recons are reviewed and filed
Requirements and Skills:
- Computer Literate - Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
- Accounting Software Package – Accpac (not essential)
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance accounting principles - not negotiable
- Have an understanding of the full financial function
- Highly-organised with the ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills (crucial) and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to take direction from, and support multiple managers
- Committed to standards of the highest professionalism and ethical behavior
- Self-directed with an ability to learn a systematic approach to accounting and to follow the approach without direction to maintain the integrity of the financial data
- Sound written and verbal communications skills
- Reliable and diligent individual, ability to self-manage
- Detail orientated, working with a plan/routine
- Home office set up
Please note this role requires that the person appointed, attend an in-office hand over/training for 2 to 4 weeks, this role will require in-office work, however is flexible and will be able to work from home for the majority of the time.