A well-established importer of school and lifestyle products requires a Financial Manager with 5-10 years' experience. National and international expansion is underway within the company. This is a permanent role to start immediately.
Financial Manager role, mostly work from home.
- Overall management of the organisation’s finance, planning, cost efficiency, reporting and analytics, and financial planning.
- Forming part of the management team and working closely with the owners in growing the business.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for presentation to senior management.
- Supervise/manage the outsourced accountants.
- Act as the link between owners, staff and external service providers in all financial matters.
- Experience in inventory management
- Annual budgeting and planning for the organisation (local and international)
- Strong Excel and ability to extract and manipulate data from Xero to create meaningful reports (or similar online accounting package),
- Cash flow management and forecasting.
- End of month trial balance review and sign off including ad hoc journal entries.
- Understanding and raising of accruals, provision and repayments.
- Assist in monitoring sales incentives for sales staff.
- Enhance and manage pricing strategies for trade customers.
- Analysing existing business operations.
- Working capital and cash flow management skills and experience.
- Assist with management of debtors. Following up on delays on payments, and ensuring monthly payments are processed timeously.
- BCom Accounting Degree or similar
- Completed articles or a minimum of five years’ financial management experience essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and bookkeeping programmes.
- Sound understanding of VAT, PAYE and company statutory requirements.
- Strong financial/costing/accounting and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills, the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and teams are essential.
- Proactive with good self-leadership.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Resilient and open to working with various personalities.
- A competent communicator who is approachable and trustworthy.
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects and also get your hands dirty when necessary.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and manage financial projects across the organsiation
- Attention to detail.
- Time management and organisational skills.