A consulting firm is looking for a General Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business, staff development as well as reaching overall business objectives.
General Manager / Operations Job, Tokai, Cape Town
- Actively suggest and implement new ideas for the company to improve business operations and efficiencies.
- Track resources and capacity across the team and oversee resource allocation.
- Manage project bidding processes, including curating relevant company documents, coordinating technical inputs from relevant staff, compiling and tracking bids, liaising with potential clients, and tracking proposed resource allocations for bids.
- Develop new company policies and protocols to improve efficiency both in project development and company management.
- Effectively coordinate the implementation of project management processes, ensure compliance with company protocols, and manage the effective delivery of project documents.
- Maintain clear communication between senior management and staff.
- Track company contracts and ensure all new contracts are captured in the relevant systems.
- Monitor invoicing for project contracts and travel expenses.
- Implement an expense checking system for the company.
- Manage the procurement of office equipment.
- Source and manage service providers, including IT.
- Line management of the HR manager as well as office administration and maintenance staff.
- Oversee performance management processes across the company. Train/mentor lower-level managers on effective management.
- Generate reports on company operations and projects and present them to the COO and CEO.
- Refine the use of productivity tools such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint for effective collaboration and sharing of information/resources.
- A degree in Business Management, Project Management, Masters in Business Administration or similar.
- 5-10 years of management experience, preferably including medium-sized private companies.
- Strong understanding of business functions, particularly in small businesses.
- Natural leadership qualities and a willingness to learn from the team.
- Adaptive and flexible.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organised.
- Strong work ethic.
- Computer literate.
- This is role is flexible with remote work from time to time, however, due to the nature of the role it requires the majority of time in the office.