This dynamic Ed-tech entity is currently recruiting high school Learning Designers for a four-month fixed term period. The successful candidate is primarily responsible for curating, augmenting, creating, and quality assuring secondary school course content and assessments that are suitable for high-touch online delivery. Candidates will work fully remotely to start on 1 November. This project can be part-time or full-time. Please state your preference and subject experience.
Curriculum Designer and High School learning design jobs - Work from home
Please note: Should your experience align with the requirements detail in your cover letter motivating your experience as a learning designer and most importantly the High School subject in which you developed the curriculum for Learning Design.
- Use subject policy statements to ensure that content meets the required examination standards, and determine the adequacy or inadequacy of content.
- Conduct planning and analysis per subject area to recommend appropriate design solutions and strategies for online delivery.
- Analyse the characteristics of the company’s learning management system (LMS) and emerging technologies and use the unique affordances of these technologies to make design decisions.
- Transfer textbook-based content into a richly augmented format that meets online delivery objectives.
- Develop educational content from scratch, making use of various sources, into a richly augmented format that meets online delivery objectives.
- Demonstrable experience as a Learning Designer, Instructional Designer, Curriculum Developer, Technical Writer, Editor or Journalist
- Experience in the EdTech field is advantageous
- Teaching, tutoring or training background, and familiarity with CAPS curriculum is beneficial
- Comfortable with the subject area of one of the subjects being developed
- Knowledge of digital learning principles and practices will be advantageous
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and build collaborative work relationships
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Must be comfortable working remotely and independently
- Ability to learn quickly and to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritise work appropriately
- Stable internet connection required
- Having your own laptop would be an advantage but is not a requirement