A tech company requires a legal advisor to join their legal team. You will be passionate about contractual agreements and creating a positive customer experience when a customer engages, and understand how your role is pivotal to managing risk for the business.
In-house Legal Advisor, work from home.
The client consistently interacts with both new and existing customers from a contractual point of view and encounters new legal issues as they enter into new regions. Often, there is no existing legal precedent within the business for some of the challenges they encounter, and therefore you will need an enquiring mind, a love for challenges and the ability to make sense of the legal issues. Examples of the types of areas that you would be involved in are:
- Reviewing and drafting of client agreements across products and jurisdictions
- Developing and maintaining standard contracts for all the various product sets
- Researching and advising on governing laws across the world
- Reviewing and drafting of employment agreements and independent contractor agreements
- Monitoring and management of compliance with legislation, particularly anti-money laundering and KYC
• A qualified lawyer with at least 5 years of experience in commercial contracts
• Hands-on mentality
• A real drive to succeed, and a passion for taking on new challenges and making them your own
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
• A pragmatic business approach to commercial contracts
• A love for technology and working on various systems within the business