A well-established international business is looking for an IT Project Manager/Business Analyst. The successful candidate will have approximately 5 years’ experience in project management and business analytics. This role is both work from home and in the office.
This is a full-time role, based at home with office, on-site, meetings.
Working from home will require that the successful candidate will need to be independent and proactive and able to communicate effectively as the role is a group one that supports all the company locations (States, Europe, Auz, Asia, and SA).
There will also be time when some of the communication could be at odd hours due to the different time zones the Group works in.
This role will work within the Project Management Office (PMO) and be responsible for the provision of support to the portfolio and its projects. The role will provide delivery support to project managers as well as be responsible for the execution of smaller projects.
It will also execute business analysis tasks such as requirements or process analysis and testing.
- Manages smaller projects independently.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders in scoping discussions and documentation.
- Carries out requirement and process analysis, and system testing.
- Provides support services to projects. Uses and recommends solutions for planning and tracking projects.
- Produces reports as appropriate for portfolio governance, including making recommendations for changes to the portfolio. Plans, schedules and monitors across the portfolio. Analyses portfolio and project data, including lessons learned, in order to spot trends and form recommendations for continual improvement.
- Develops and provides detailed support and guidance to the wider delivery teams on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Supports project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings. Involved in aspects of supporting a project by providing a view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management as appropriate.
- Contributes to financial planning and budgeting. Collates required financial data and reports for analysis and to facilitate decision making.
AND such other duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
Line management to be given by the PMO Manager
Project management and/or business analysis qualification.
Knowledge & Experience:
5+ years of relevant working experience.
Experience working in a project delivery environment.
Knowledge and experience of project management delivery methodologies, especially Agile.
Knowledge and experience of effective/current project management tools and techniques.
Business analysis exposure.
System testing exposure.
Results-oriented, adaptive, and decisive.
Can resolve conflicts and problems.
Ability to forge effective relationships in a complex matrix management environment.
Ability to work collaboratively as a key team player.
Proven communication and presentation skills.
Creative and innovative thinking.
Creative solution building
Job-related Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
Proven analytical, planning, and execution skills within a project or portfolio capacity.
Takes responsibility and has a strong sense of ownership.
Results-oriented and a commitment to high-quality customer service
Knowledge of customer behaviours, needs, and expectations.
Ability to work with colleagues to quickly resolve complex problems in the provision of IT services.
Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business support.
Presentation skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience
Portfolio financial tracking and reporting
Analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
SQE (Safety, Quality and Environment)
Has a style and approach to their works that fits with company values
Has an awareness of cybersecurity and how to achieve compliance and influence best practice and behavior
A flexible approach to working hours.
An appreciation of other cultures; the global reach of the Group and its international agenda.