A national association is looking for a Johannesburg Regional Representative. The main purpose of the role is to co-ordinate and implement the running, growth, and financial stability of the region and to ensure the smooth operation of all regional tasks and activities and enhance relationships within the association. This is a work from home opportunity, with flexible working hours and travel to client sites will be required. The client is looking for a unique individual to join this highly motivated and enthusiastic team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Administration – budgets for the region and debt collecting. The candidate will work with national accounts; admin coordinator on admin issues relevant to their region. The updating and maintenance of national documents and databases.
- Marketing – to work with the National Manager seeking out and making marketing and PR opportunities to benefit both the regional and national portfolios. On request from the national manager, this may include public speaking and giving interviews. Sale and promotion of advertising in the national brochure. Updating of regional news and marketing on the web site and other social media.
- National tasks – any national tasks handed down from the national manager.
- Event coordination – setting up, planning, and implementing events. This includes but is not limited to golf days, product evenings, training, AGM’s, and fundraisers.
- Trade Shows – Relationship building with the company's show partner Decorex within the framework and in the manner sanctioned by the national manager with an aim to maximising the visibility of the brand to the industry and consumer. This task may include the sale of stands to generate vital budgeted income and visiting members with the Decorex representative. The show should be promoted to all members and opportunities to help members afford to exhibit should be sought (within a framework approved by the national manage). This role will include working at the show as well as build up and break down. Contribution to the development of show stands will also be required. Regional representatives may liaise with their regional Decorex rep. Discussions and negotiations with Decorex management and PR should only be undertaken by the national manager unless otherwise stipulated by the national manager.
- Member relations and growth - maintain strong relationships with members, deal with member issues, complaints and queries, and develop new membership. A regular call cycle is required with members being seen face to face at least twice a year. Visitation of non-members is also important to build new relationships that can lead to member growth.
- Income generation – investigate all avenues of income generation that will also add value to the membership
- Member value-add – investigates all opportunities to add extra value to the member's value-add.
- Complaints & mediations – deal with consumer and member complaints, supervise site inspections and mediations and write or coordinate site inspection reposts ensuring an efficient and timeous conclusion to all complaints. Once you are settled in the job we will arrange for you to attend a mediation course so that you have the necessary qualification to handle mediation.
- Travel – the job will require travel from time to time to work alongside staff from other regions.
- Please submit a motivational email upon application highlighting core relevant experience, why this opportunity would suit you and what value you would bring.