Our client, a Financial Services firm based in Hillcrest, Durban is currently recruiting a Senior Bookkeeper who can take overall responsibility for client relationships and for processing of records from source through to management accounts, annual financial statements and tax returns.This position is a permanent position with flexibility in hours as well as being a hybrid role of in-office as well as work from home.
Senior Bookkeeper, hillcrest KZN, Work from home
Main Purpose of Position:
- Ensure the accurate preparation of management accounts and year end Annual Financial Statements for presentation to directors of various organisations;
- Assist with the setting of budgets for clients; and
- Administer the control/audit requirements associated with these processes.
- Supervise sub-ordinates and ensure that their work is adequately planned.
- Preparation of taxation returns and assistance with provisional tax estimates
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technically competent, i.e. Accounting knowledge through to Annual Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of accounting packages – Xero, Pastel Accounting
- Knowledge of payroll packages – Payspace, VIP Payroll.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a large work load.
- Good leadership/management skills.
- Ability to delegate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong strategic thinking ability.
- Ability to adapt to different situations easily.
- Ability to think out the box.
- Ability to take ownership of work responsibility.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good motivational skills.
- Good training and coaching skills.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Strong principle-centred leadership ability.
- High standards with respect to quality of work.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Good people skills.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Strong work ethic.
- Thorough and precise.
- Structured and systematic.
- Calm and confident.
- Experience in Xero, Pastel Accounting, Payspace and/or VIP Payroll.
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant working experience.
Minimum level of Education/ Qualifications Required:
- Matric (Grade 12).
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office).
- National diploma in Accounting.