An investment company has an opportunity in the fiduciary team for a Tax Compliance Officer. This role is responsible for individual personal income tax, estates and related tax compliance support for the estates team. It is ideally suited to applicants with previous income tax computation experience, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in this area.
Tax Compliance Officer job Cape Town
The client is a trust and investment management company providing financial planning and investment advice and services to clients planning for, or already in their retirement years. They offer a full range of financial services including investment & portfolio management, offshore financial services, trustee services, retirement planning, local & offshore money market, estate planning, tax services and wills.
• Completion of return of income, including submission of return to the receiver, and calculations of tax payments and ensuring execution of same
• Timeous data capture of all relevant data on tax management and accounting tools
• Check assessments and follow-up on errors
• Raise objections to assessments and attend to enquiries raised by SARS
• Request and remit payments and attend to client refunds from SARS
• Provide an advisory service w.r.t. tax matters in relation to Estates, as well as income tax for individuals
• Liaison with internal and external clients, as needed
• Internal client liaison: timeous response to client communication and resolving all queries; regular and ongoing feedback relating to progress and confirmation of finalisation of matters to internal clients/stakeholders
• Previous experience in similar function a requirement, with a proven track record (5 or more years)
• Experience in income tax for individuals, including for provisional taxpayers
• Preferably accounting at matric level, or bookkeeping /accounting diploma
• Computer literacy (intermediate): MS Office suite and excel at an intermediate level
• Ability to work independently, attention to detail and excellent organisational skills