Remote working opportunity. Receive online (blended) content from Learning Designers for a Digital Education institute and do a quality check which will include proofreading, checking that the links work, correcting spelling and grammar, correcting questionnaire links/response tools. You will need to be very comfortable with online tools - knowledge of Blackboard or eLearning tools is highly advantageous. Must be available to start during October 2020.
Our client will be commencing with a large project which will see multiple Quality Control Editors commence with a 4-month project ending February 2021, with a possibility of permanent roles becoming available after the completion of the first phase of the project.
In your cover letter, please talk about your internet speed and ability to work remotely (i.e. having a laptop, home office, etc).
Main purpose of role:
Receive online (blended) content from Learning Designers for a Digital Education institute and do a quality check which will include proofreading, checking that the links work, correcting spelling and grammar, checking assessments and questionnaire links/response tools.
You will need to be able to start working in October 2020.
Working hours: 10:00 - 18:30.
We’re looking for a seasoned technical editor/proofreader to join our eLearning QC team. Our ideal candidate should be a dynamic, problem-solving person who can work in a fast-paced environment with a keen eye for attention to detail. They should have a healthy obsession with creating top-quality content, despise inconsistencies, and have strong attention to detail in recognizing where key details are missing in our eLearning courses. They should be able to deliver written feedback to clients and the team in a professional manner.
Our QC team works closely with our Learning Designers and Project Managers on in-house projects. They will be responsible for reviewing/editing content at different stages of the development process according to checklists that they help develop, as well as doing a full QC of a course on the platform – checking not only for errors and inconsistencies but especially reviewing the functionality of a site/course before final sign-off.
The key skills required for this role are:
- Be comfortable working with a variety of online tools
- The ability to adhere to deadlines is essential
- Time management and attention to detail are essential
- Experience working with remote teams
- Able to collaborate with different members across different departments
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Digital education experience is a bonus
- Additional focused training in editing/advanced grammar advantageous
- Knowledge of the Blackboard platform or eLearning tools is highly advantageous
- Knowledge of web accessibility (WGAG) is advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Being part of a rapidly growing company, change, and the ability to adapt to change is inherently part of our culture
- Being dynamic and fast-paced; ultimately, we make things happen
- Making smart decisions that build a sustainable future for us and our partners
- Being collaborative, co-creating engaging learning experiences together
- Keeping things straightforward, grounded in integrity, simplicity and fairness
- Being invested; using our shared passions to achieve outcomes and impact