Our client is looking for a seasoned Accountant for a maternity fill position for 4 months. Applicants must be available to start 1 December 2021, this role will require in-office work as there are more junior finance staff to oversee, after the first 6 weeks more flexibility can be offered to work remotely.
Accountant job, Cape Town
- Approving supplier invoices.
- Reconciling supplier accounts.
- Assistance with preparation for payments.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Cash Flow monitoring.
- Posting Month-end journal entries.
- Updating financial statements.
- Maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Reviewing and submitting monthly payroll.
- Payroll reconciliation
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- VAT submissions.
- Handling petty cash.
- Investigate any accounting discrepancies.
- Monthly Age analysis.
- Managing two Finance assistance.
- Attend to ad hoc finance queries, general assistance to CFO.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Bachelors in Financial Accounting (Required).
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Xero accounting system experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in retail or FMCG would be an advantage.