A company that operates within the agriculture sector wishes to appoint a Finance and Office Administrator, someone who strives to achieve excellence. This is a 6-month contract
Finance and Office Administrator Job, Cape Town, Western Cape
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
• Preparing all Purchase Requisitions for each department accurately and timely. Obtaining all necessary approvals before finally issuing the Purchase Order.
• Preparation of documentation for the weekly payment runs .
• Obtaining supplier bank account confirmations
• Completion of supplier application forms
• Liaising with courier companies as required
• Maintaining a record of employee leave requests
• Overseeing maintenance and cleaning of office and office equipment
• Fire equipment servicing and fire drill co ordination with the landlord
• Restocking kitchen, shopping for consumables and cleaning products
• Maintenance of security, alarm and access cards
• Maintaining of IT equipment register and verifications
• Maintaining 3rd party relationships with IT consultants
• Co - ordination of team travel if required
• Processing bank reconciliations in Sage One
• Processing customer invoices in Sage One
• Compiling supporting documentation for the VAT reports for South Africa and Lesotho on a monthly basis for review by the Accountant
• Organised with a high level of accountability.
• The ability to think on your feet and solve problems.
• Able to roll up sleeves and work hard.
• Willingness to put in extra effort to meet deadlines.
• Be eager and willing to identify and contribute to continual system improvements and implementation.
• Flexibility and quick turnaround time.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• High level of curiosity.
• Humble and down to earth.
• Confident, comfortable and effective in a disruptive environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to effectively communicate between departments, different staff levels, etc.
• A diploma or experience in accounting.
• Experience in office management would be an advantage.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Experience with accounting software (SAGE One will be an advantage).
• A passion for technology and applications and using these to work smarter.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.