Our client is seeking experienced and driven Learning Designers to help them deliver world-class service and sector-leading digital products to their portfolio of global clients to start in October 2020. Education exposure essential. As the Learning Designer, you will work closely with the Learning Strategist on multiple client and in-house projects and be responsible for delivering high-quality course content, including a course atlas. You should have a passion for great learning!
Our client is a Digital education organisation passionate about delivering the highest quality solutions to government, corporate, higher education and consumer markets.
Our client will be commencing with a large project which will see multiple Learning Designers commence with a 4-month project ending February 2021, with a possibility of permanent roles becoming available after the completion of the first phase of the project.
In your cover letter, please talk about your internet speed and ability to work remotely (i.e. having a laptop, home office, etc). You will need to be able to start in October 2020.
As the Learning Designer, you will work closely with the Learning Strategist (LS) on multiple client and in-house projects and be responsible for delivering high-quality course content, including a course atlas. You should have a passion for great learning!
- You will be mentored by the digital learning strategist to understand best practice in learning design, according to the company’s design principles
- Apply foundation level L&D knowledge and design skills to design technology-enabled learning experiences for a range of learners that meet best practice standards
- Effectively engage in regular interactions with the Learning Strategist to translate a course blueprint into a detailed course atlas which supports an effective and efficient digital course building process
- Reviewing course documentation - e.g. a course blueprint - to familiarise yourself with the broader context of the course
- Working with the Learning Strategist to collect relevant content
- Learning Outcomes by creating and reviewing content request documents for the client
- Create instructionally sound and engaging online learning experiences by presenting content coherently, creating relevant activities, proposing graphic content and video content
- Design and write grammatically correct learning content in partnership with Learning Strategists and external Subject Matter Experts
- Populate the Atlas and write scripts, according to the company's learning and visual design principles
- Engage regularly with Production to create a course graphics guide and video graphics guide according to the company's design principles and process
- Attend squad kick-off meeting and daily squad stand-ups (until course completion)
- Support the Learning Strategist to run the atlas through the QA process, as required. E.g. Processing client feedback and mapping all design activity to the company’s quality standards for learning and visual design
- Engage with the latest external thinking and best practice in learning design
- Support the Learning Technologist with answering any queries they may have as they build the course
The key skills required for this role are:
- Demonstrable interest in and understanding of Agile L&D design and delivery, especially technologically enhanced D&D
- Excellent level of attention to detail
- Adapts to situations and understands new concepts quickly. (Preferably) understanding of the EdX, Canvas and Bridge platforms
- Strong written English skills
- Education exposure essential
- Innovative and creative in approaching design challenges
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary squad
- Excellent organisational and time management skills & ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Communicate confidently, clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal form
- Effectively use online collaboration tools e.g. Slack, Zoom, Google Docs
- Ability to learn from Learning Strategists with an appetite to progress to this more senior LD role.
- Being part of a rapidly growing company, change, and the ability to adapt to change is inherently part of our culture
- Being dynamic and fast-paced; ultimately, we make things happen
- Making smart decisions that build a sustainable future for us and our partners
- Being collaborative, co-creating engaging learning experiences together
- Keeping things straightforward, grounded in integrity, simplicity and fairness
- Being invested; using our shared passions to achieve outcomes and impact