A small, dynamic organisation and development company based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, is currently looking for a half day Office Administrator who feels connected to people development and who is committed to providing high quality administrative support to enable the team to deliver work seamlessly. This position will be partially in office as well as work from home. The successful candidate must have fully set up home office, with own car and be available to start ASAP.
Office Administrator (Half day), Southern Suburbs, Cape Town
- Adaptable, self-motivated and quick and keen to learn new skills
- A good people person, able to engage comfortably with the team, with potential clients, existing clients and service providers
- Excellent organisation skills
- Flexibility - able to offer blend of virtual and in-person work
- The desire and commitment to provide excellent service.
- Able to provide effective support and advice by e-mail and telephone, with a good standard of English and a confident and courteous manner.
- Functionally numerate, with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to plan, prioritise and organise own work, and to use initiative in solving problems.
- Able to work well as part of a team and willing to support others with a wide range of tasks.
- Has deep understanding of the sensitive nature of work and respects confidentiality
- Willing and able to travel within Cape Town
Requirements for the job:
- Valid Code 8 driver’s licence and car
- Relevant degree or diploma in project administration an advantage
- Previous experience of general office and/or project administration. Experience in working for a consulting firm and/or in a training environment and/or in an HR environment is an advantage.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Able to work with spreadsheets
- Able to layout documents
- Comfortable with Google Drive
- Adept at Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp etc
- Able to project manage training programmes
- Able to maintain and update website, LinkedIn profile
- Able to update and maintain client database
- Able to take on desktop research and present findings in a useful way
- Organising training programmes (interfacing with venue and caterers, collating participant information, interacting with participants, preparation of stationery and organising printing, distribution of printed training material, updating online platform).
- Bookkeeping and submission of books to tax accountant
- Creating and maintaining Thoughtsmiths templates including the company profile, letterhead, website, powerpoint templates and updating these as and when required
- Administrative support in scouting for tenders, submitting documentation accurately and timeously, ensuring Thoughtsmiths is loaded on necessary supplier databases
- Arranging travel and accommodation
- Sourcing, organising and purchasing office stationery, food and equipment when necessary
- Researching relevant questions and presenting findings to the team
- Managing distribution of digital and hard copy marketing materials
- Attendance at weekly team meetings