Our client, based in Newlands is currently recruiting an IT Technical Writer to join their multinational team.The successful incumbent must have IT technical writing knowledge in order to be able to produce technical write ups. To start as soon as possible.
IT Technical Writer Job, Newlands, Cape Town
- Design and write technical documents such as user manuals,help files, technical specifications and requirement documents, documentation of API’s, business and software process flows, case studies, etc.
- Review and proofread client-facing documentation.
- Document construction, formatting and styling, using
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Word-like user interfaces.
- Help file construction.
- Make recommendations on best delivery format andmechanism for different material.
- Liaise with product management, developers, clients and
- stakeholders to obtain understanding, input, review and signoff.
- Degree in English preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing technical documentation and/or software manuals.
- Experience working directly with software development teams.
- Some IT or software development training or experience advantageous.
- Experience with financial and/or legal systems advantageous.
- Must have an eye for attention to detail.
- Must have advanced word processing skills in general, and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word in particular.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Ability to manage time well.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to work accurately at a fast pace and multitask.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating System,
- Microsoft Office, internet and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be a South African citizen or hold valid work permit.