Did you know that outsourcing services dates back to the late 1980s and have become an increasingly common way of doing business in the 21st century? It was first developed as a way companies could gain a competitive edge in the new global market and is now widely used by companies globally in several fields. Most recently, we’ve seen a phenomenal increase in outsourcing post the COVID pandemic. Most notably in the marketing, IT and administration fields.
“Master your strengths, outsource your weaknesses.” -Ryan Khan
Benefits of outsourcing skills:
- Increase profitability: Hiring an outsourced independent contractors to assist with services like business development, chat support, and customer success not only sustains the fast growth of your business but also keeps costs to a minimum.
- Cost saving: You might need to outsource to cut labour costs and save on overhead costs.
- Time-saving: Outsourcing could facilitate and streamline certain work processes, which helps free up time for you to focus on your core business needs.
- Increase efficiency: Certain time-consuming functions may require the use of an outsourced, specialised resource that can be used on a per-project basis.
- Facilitate growth: Outsourcing is a great solution to expedite the hiring and training processes of your team, thus creating a team that is ready to execute and deliver as required. Rapid growth comes with the rapid acquisition of talent, one of the key capabilities of an outsourcing company like RecruitMyMom.
Based on research from the Aberdeen Group, 50% of top-performing companies utilise independent contractors for over 40% of their workforce. As a result, these companies are 30% more likely to boost their revenue beyond 10% year-on-year. Research by CSO Insights shows that in a traditional sales team, 37% of sales reps fail to meet their quotas. Meanwhile, of the companies surveyed, 79% of those who outsource their sales services to independent contractors felt they had been able to scale faster as a result. Armed with these benefits, let’s debunk the common myths about outsourcing:
Myth #1: Outsourcing makes you lose control of your business
Hiring a trusted independent contractor provides you with a valuable commodity: time. By doing so, you do not lose control of your business. In fact, you will gain more control as your focus is less divided. For example, you might need to outsource a virtual personal assistant to help manage your diary, email and administration management and screen your calls. Letting go and handing over the administrative side of your business allows you to shift your focus to big-picture strategy, new and existing client management, and even much-needed “ME” time.
Myth #2: Outsourcing skills are only accessible to big businesses
SMEs are growing companies. The opportunity to utilise an independent contractor is available on a needs-based basis. If you have identified an area that would optimise your business growth support, then it is highly recommended that you do so, no matter the size of your business.
Myth #3: Outsourcing contributes to the unemployment rate
On the contrary, according to Deloitte, “Outsourcing is good for job creation in South Africa.” The current unemployment rate in South Africa is just under thirty percent. Therefore, outsourcing can only be beneficial in reducing this number. The South African government has identified BPO/Outsourcing (Business Process Outsourcing) as an enabler for economic and social growth.
Myth #4: Outsourcing delivers low-quality services and outputs
The most important objective for an independent contractor is to ensure they deliver high-quality deliverables to their clients. The best way to reduce the risk of receiving low-quality work is to partner with reputable outsourcing service providers, like RecruitMyMom who sources and places high-calibre, skilled and professional candidates. The growing benefits of outsourcing your team are proving to be hugely beneficial to the economy, companies, and employees.
RecruitMyMom solves resourcing needs for companies through outsourced freelancers. If you are looking to outsource and empower a female workforce, then visit our website for more information or load a job.